Beginning in 1911, the Main Street branch of Clarkston State Bank (the “Bank”) was opened to provide banking services to the downtown area as well as surrounding farms. The Bank provided a much needed local presence for banking services. Over the years the ownership has changed and in 1997 National Bank of Detroit closed the branch and discontinued what had been a fixture in the community for 86 years. However, in 1998, several local entrepreneurs resurrected the Bank and began operating in the classic building once again.
Clarkston Financial Corporation (the “Corporation”) is the bank holding company for Clarkston State Bank. The Corporation was chartered in 1998 and opened its doors for business in January 1999. Clarkston State Bank is a Michigan State Chartered financial institution engaging in community banking within North Oakland County, Michigan and surrounding counties. Today the Corporation, through its subsidiary bank, offers a wide array of banking services to both retail and commercial customers. The Bank operates two full service branches in Oakland County.