Sweep accounts allow customers to effortlessly transfer money between Checking accounts and their Savings or Money Market Accounts. Sweeps are a free service that Clarkston State Bank offers customers, as long as you do not have more than 6 per month. After 6, there is a $10.00 charge per sweep and/or possible termination of your sweep features to comply with Regulation D.
How It Works
- Customers set a minimum balance or “Target Balance” for the primary account.
- Money is swept from the secondary account at night to maintain the Target Balance in the primary account as needed.
- Money can be swept out of a non-interest bearing account into an interest bearing account.
- This allows the customer to maximize their money and earn the most possible interest.
- Sweep can also help avoid overdraft fees by sweeping back into the checking account if it is drawn into the negative.
Please visit one of our branches to set up your sweep service.