Beginning in 1911 the Main Street branch of Clarkston State Bank (the “Bank”) was opened to provide banking services to the downtown area as well as surrounding farms. The Bank provided a much needed local presence for banking services. Over the years the ownership has changed several times and in 1997 National Bank of Detroit closed the branch and discontinued what had been a fixture in the community for 86 years. However, in 1998, several local entrepreneurs resurrected the Bank and began operating in the classic building once again.
Clarkston Financial Corporation (the “Corporation”) is the bank holding company for Clarkston State Bank. The Corporation was chartered in 1998 and opened its doors for business in January 1999 when it opened Clarkston State Bank. Clarkston State Bank is a Michigan State Chartered financial institution engaging in community banking within North Oakland County, Michigan. Today the Corporation, through its subsidiary bank, offers a wide array of banking products to both retail and commercial customers. The Bank currently operates four full service branches in its current market area.
The core focus of Clarkston State Bank is its commitment to its customers and its focus on community. Management believes that by employing exemplary customer service, customers will realize the intrinsic value of dealing with a locally operated financial institution. As a result of this commitment, the staff at the Bank works to ensure the prosperity of our customers through uncompromised dedication to meeting their financial needs. Clarkston State Bank operates its four branches in prestigious Oakland County. Oakland County is one of Michigan’s most prosperous counties and one of the wealthiest counties in the nation among counties with more than one million people.